Cockburn’s fast growing eastern suburbs will soon benefit from the development of an active sporting reserve, slated for completion in Hammond Park in mid-2021.
The $9.3m Hammond Park Sporting Reserve will be located in the south eastern corner of Frankland Reserve.
A $1.5m State Government Community Sport and Recreation Facilities Fund grant and up to $4.62m in developer contributions will help complete the much-needed facility.
With the support of Hammond Park Residents Association and future users of the facility, the City has created a draft layout for the sporting reserve and is calling for community input to help shape the final design.
Local residents are invited to complete an online survey at Comment on Cockburn until 8 May, and visit the site for more information on the project’s development as part of City planning for sporting reserves in Hammond Park, dating back to 2003.
The new development will primarily be home to AFL (Hammond Park Junior Football Club) and Basebell (Braves Baseball Club) and may also be suitable for other sports activities once established.
Like most community sporting grounds, the facility will be open to the wider community not only as an active sporting reserve, but as a focal point for passive recreation as part of the network of public open spaces provided by the City.
As part of the City’s Community, Sport and Recreation Facilities Plan, adopted by Council in 2018, the Hammond Park ground will include:
How to have your say:
- An active sporting reserve the size of two senior AFL ovals
- LED sports floodlighting
- A multi-purpose community sporting facility, including spaces that can be hired by community groups,
- CCTV surveillance, and
- Parking bays for 140 vehicles.
- Online - Complete the short survey at Comment on Cockburn opens in a new window
- Email - Send your formal submission to this Comment on Cockburn email address
- Phone - Chat to our project team on 08 9411 3444
- For the Kids - Draw "What you love to do at your local reserve", take a snap, and share with everyone by using the 'Post Drawing' tool opens in a new window
Social Media Share Links below open in a new window