Cockburn Libraries run regular programs for children of various ages. Dates and times are subject to change – visit the Cockburn Libraries website for further details.
Pram Jams (Ages: 0-2 years)
Pram Jams (often called Rhyme Time at other libraries) is for babies and their parents, grandparents or carers. It's never too early for early literacy. Pram Jams happens weekly during school terms only:
- Coolbellup Library - 10am Monday
- Spearwood Library - 10am Thursday
- Success Library - 10am Wednesday and Thursday
Storytime (Ages: 2-4 years)
Come to the library to hear great stories and to join in on songs and rhymes, before you make a masterpiece of craft to take home. Storytime happens weekly during school terms only.
- Coolbellup Library - 10.30am Wednesday
- Spearwood Library - 10.30am Tuesday and Friday
- Success Library - 9.30am Tuesday and Friday
Lego Club (Ages: 5+ years)
Monthly LEGO Club meetings where you get a chance to get creative with our growing LEGO supply.
- Spearwood Library - 3.30pm - First Friday on the month
- Coolbellup Library - 3.30pm - Third Wednesday of the month
- Success Library - 3.30pm - Fourth Monday of the month
Bookstars (Ages: 5+ years)
Reading hour with stories and craft for school aged children. Bookstars happens monthly at Success Library
- Success Library - 3.30pm - Second Monday of the month
Creative Kids (Ages: 5+ years)
Creative Kids is time in the library for kids to get creative with LEGO, board games, science, and craft. Happens weekly during school terms only.
- Coolbellup Library - 3.30pm Wednesday
Scratch Coding for Beginners (Ages: 8-12 years)
Coding for kids. Children will learn the basics with projects before letting their creative sides shine by creating a game of them own. Happens weekly during school terms only.
- Coolbellup Library - 3.30pm Tuesday
- Spearwood Library - 2.30pm Saturday
Stories in Chinese (Ages: 2-10 years)
Listen to stories in Chinese. Join in on rhymes and simple games in Chinese that you can practise and play at home. Happens monthly at Success Library
- Success Library - 3.45pm - Third Monday of the month
Learning English Through Storytime (LETS) (Ages: 3-4 years)
Special storytimes for children who do not speak English at home, or who speak limited English. LETS run in ten week blocks, each school term, covering a range of everyday topics with a focus on literacy and numeracy.
- Success Library - 1pm Monday
STEAM Club (Ages: 10+ years)
Explore the world of science , technology, engineering, arts and mathematics at our monthly STEAM Club. Imagine, invent and innovate with fun and challenging hands-on activities for kids. Happens once a month.
- Success Library - 4pm on a Thursday once a month