1 February -
14 December 2018
Cockburn Libraries run regular programs for adults throughout the year. Dates and times are subject to change – visit the Cockburn Libraries website for further details and for all bookings.
Cockburn Libraries’ book clubs are a great opportunity to read new authors and engage in lively discussions and debates. Charges apply (book hire and reading notes).
- Coolbellup Library - 10.30am - Last Friday of the month
- Spearwood Library - Morning Book Club: 10am - Third Monday of the month
- Spearwood Library - Evening Book Club: 6.30pm - Third Thursday of the month
- Success Library - 5.30pm - Third Thursday of the month
Coolbellup Community Cafe and Support Group
People with disabilities and their carers are very welcome to drop in for a cuppa and a chat. Talk over problems and share information about community resources.
- Coolbellup Library - 10.30am-12.30pm Thursday
Creative Corners Writing Group
Bring along your prose, poetry or any written work for feedback and ideas. Even if you just need encouragement to write, come along and be inspired by others in the group.
- Coolbellup Library - 1pm Wednesday
English Conversation Groups
If English is your second language, come along to one of the conversation groups to improve your English language skills. Practise your English conversation in a safe and supportive place.
- Coolbellup Library - 10am Tuesday
- Spearwood Library - 10am Thursday
- Success Library - 10.30am Monday
Using Ancestry.com, our family history specialist, Lee-Ann Atkinson, will be available to answer questions and guide your geneology research. Bookings essential.
- Success Library - 10am-midday - First Tuesday of the month
iPad and iPhone workshops
Introductory workshops, run over six weeks by Curtin University students. Workshops for both iPhone and iPad. Several workshops per year. Bookings required.
- Success Library - Wednesday and Thursday
Meet up with other knitters and crocheters to stitch and chat.
- Coolbellup Library - 9.30am Wednesday
- Spearwood Library - 9.30am Wednesday
- Success Library - 9.30am Thursday
Learn the Ukulele
Ukulele workshops held over six weeks. Several courses each year.
Memory Cafe by Curtin University
Challenging activities for your brain and memory. Keep your mind active, by joining our six week program run by Curtin University students. Carers/family of people experiencing memory issues are welcome. Six week course run multiple times per year. Bookings required.
2018 courses start 2 May and 22 August.
Papercrafts and more.
Get creative and learn new papercraft skills. Cards, scrapbooks, star books and paper piecing. Share ideas over a coffee. Cost $10 per session. Bookings required.
- Coolbellup Library - 10am-1pm Monday
Come along, armed with your favourite poems to make new friends, have great discussions and share a free cup of tea or coffee.
- Coolbellup Library - 10am - Second Friday of the month
Book in for an individual 30 minute Tech Help session for basic technology help. These are informal, introductory sessions aimed at increasing confidence in the use of computers and mobile technology
- Coolbellup Library - 3pm and 3.30pm Friday
- Spearwood Library - 10am and 10.30am Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
- Success Library - 10.30am and 11am Tuesday and Thursday