CANCELLED **The City of Cockburn has made the precautionary decision to cancel this event as it could present a high risk to the community.
The annual Cockburn Cultural Fair aims to bring to light the many different cultures of Cockburn and with it, delicious foods and diverse music.
This free event is for the whole family to enjoy and includes:
||Welcome to Country with Marie Taylor
||His Worship the Mayor Logan K. Howlett, JP opens the event
||Cockburn's Got Talent Grand Final
||Chilli Con Curly - music
||Italycious - music
||Bambuseae Rhythm Section - music
||Zagreb Croation Folkloric Group
Roving around the grounds
Lion Dancers from 3pm
Jeremy the caracaturist 3-5pm
Amoura Belly Dancers from 4pm
Coming back to the event are the ever popular:
West Oz Wildlife and
- Relieve the stress of finding a carpark carpool or bike to the event
- Secure valet bike parking will be available and free bike tuning will be in the tennis courts
- Ride the whole way or park and ride part way.
- BikeWise will be available from 3pm
- Parking available.
Containers for Change
Recycle your cans, bottles and cartons at the Cultural Fair and receive 10c for each! Working with the City of Cockburn, WALGA with funding from the State Government, is providing you with the opportunity to try out the new Containers for Change scheme coming to WA on 2 June 2020!
You can bring:
- Aluminium beverage cans (e.g. beer or soft drink) including crushed cans
- Plastic and glass bottles (e.g. beer/cider/pre-mix, juice and water bottles)
- Flavoured milk cartons (e.g. choc milk)
- Containers can be 150ml to 3 litres.
Please ensure the containers are clean and empty, not smelly and gross! Take the lids off the bottles, we’ll accept them for recycling separately if you bring them along. Unfortunately we can’t accept wine or spirit bottles or plain milk containers as they will not be covered by the WA Containers for Change scheme. Please, no broken glass containers!
If you’re bringing containers from home, the limit is 200 containers per family / group (no ute loads!)