City of Cockburn, PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, Western Australia, 6965
Telephone: (08) 9411 3444

Pensioner and Seniors Rebates

Rebates are available on Rates, ESL Levies and Underground Power to eligible Seniors and Pensioners.

Am I eligible for a Concession?

  • You must be the Owner and Occupier of the property as at 1st of July.
  • You must be the holder of a valid Seniors Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Card, or State Concession Card.

How do I receive my concession?

  • Please call the Water Corporation on 1300 659 951 with your pensioner card details and advise us of your entitlement.
  • Apply online at
  • A pro-rata rebate may be available from the date of registration for Pensioners and Seniors who become eligible throughout the year.

If you experience any difficulties please call Rates Services, City of Cockburn on 9411 3444 and we will help you with the process.


How much is the rebate?

  • Pensioner Concession Card or State Concession Card 50%  and limited to a maximum amount.
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card and WA Seniors Card 50%  and limited to a maximum amount.
  • WA Seniors Card up to 25% and limited to a maximum amount.


Can I lose my rebate?

  • Seniors and Part Pensioners must finalise their account by the end of the financial year.
  • If all outstanding rates are not cleared by the end of the financial year, Seniors and Part Pensioners will have their concession status cancelled and will be required to make a new application once the arrears are cleared


Change of circumstances

  • If you have a new address or have experienced the death of a spouse.
  • Contact the Water Corporation to ensure your rebate is correct for the coming year.
  • Phone: 1300 659 951 or


Centrepay deductions

  • Centrepay is a free bill paying service for Centrelink customers.
  • Please contact Centrelink on 13 23 00 or at their office and provide them with the City of Cockburn Service Provider's Centrepay Reference Number and your account number.
    • Centrepay Reference Number: 555025770X
    • Your Account Number R(property number) - you will find the property number on the Rate Notice.

Please contact Rates Services on 9411 3444 if you require further assistance.


When are my Rates Due?

  • Council encourages pensioners and seniors to pay their rates prior to the 15 June so the rebate can be claimed on their behalf from the Office of State Revenue.

Please contact the Rates Services team on 9411 3444 if you require any assistance. 


Can I defer my Rates?

If you receive a 50% pensioner rebate for the property you may defer paying your rates until the property is sold or you no longer reside at the property.

  • Seniors and Part Pensioners are not entitled to defer their rates.
  • Deferred rates are charged at the full value, not the reduced (50%) rate
  • All charges and levies other than UGP, ESL and Rates cannot be deferred and must be paid in full by the end of each financial year.
  • Deferred rates only become payable at such a time that you either sell your property or cease to reside at the property, even if you are no longer a current pensioner.

Please contact the Rates Services team to defer your rates on
9411 3444.


How do I organise a concession card?

The Seniors Card Hotline number is open between the hours of 8.30am - 4.30pm weekdays.

1800 671 233

(country free call)

6551 8800

Seniors Card Application forms visit:

Department for Communities

Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card

13 23 00

Commonwealth Pensioner Concession Card

13 23 00

State Concession Card

(08) 9222 2555

Alternatively contact the Commonwealth Department of Veteran Affairs Completed Senior forms should be sent to:

Seniors Card
WA Seniors Card Centre
Level 1 Albert Facey House
469 Wellington Street

(08) 9366 8222

 Back to Top