We work with local food businesses and community groups of every type who produce food for sale, to ensure compliance with current food legislation.
What do we do?
- Carry out unannounced food hygiene assessments of all food businesses on a regular basis.
- Collect evidence of breaches of the food legislation and instigate legal action where necessary.
- We sample locally produced foods and compare results to National Standards.
- Investigate complaints about food and food handling practices.
- Provide Safe Food Handler Training Sessions for food handlers - these sessions provide a refresher in the basics of essential food hygiene skills and knowledge.
- We provide support to local food businesses implementing the Australian Institute of Environmental Health FoodSafe Food Handler Training Program, 2nd Ed.
- We distribute a quarterly Whats Eating You newsletters to food businesses.