City of Cockburn, PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, Western Australia, 6965
Telephone: (08) 9411 3444

Signs & Hoardings

What type of approval is required?

Depending on the type of sign/advertising that is proposed, a Sign Licence may be required, or in some instances a Sign Licence and Planning Approval may need to be obtained.

A Sign Licence Application when required is to be submitted to the City's Building Service, while a Planning Approval application when required is to be submitted to the City's Statutory Planning Service.

Some signs can be constructed without any approvals if the Building and Planning Legislation exempts them.  Such exemptions are dependent on size, location and sign face of the proposed sign/advertising device and the zoning of the land the sign will be erected on.


Download these Documents

Signs and Hoardings Fact Sheet & Sign Application Form

Schedule 5 Development Approval application form



Need further info?

HOME Building Services

Building  Documents

Contact Building Services
Tel: 9411 3444
Fax:  9411 3333

If you wish to pay by Credit Card, please download and complete the Credit Card Authorisation document, and submit along with your application.