Demolition Permit Applications
City of Cockburn, PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, Western Australia, 6965
Telephone: (08) 9411 3444

Demolition Permit Applications

When is a Demolition Permit Required?Demolition

Any person demolishing a building or part of a building/structure must ensure that they obtain a Demolition Permit prior to commencing any demolition works.

To apply for a Demolition Permit, a Demolition Permit Application Form(BA5) and fees (see fee details) together with two copies of the site plan clearly indicating the building/s to be demolished and also indicating those structures being retained is to be submitted to the City's Building Service along with all other required information as listed on the Demolition information sheet.(refer to the download documents on the right hand side of this page)

If the proposed demolition works are likely to adversely affect adjoining land or buildings beyond the boundaries of the demolition site then a fully completed Form (BA20) "Notice and Request for Consent of Work Affecting other Land" must be submitted with the application for demolition. If the affected adjoining land owner refuses their consent then the person responsible for the proposed demolition works must obtain a Court Order to carry out the works.

Once the demolition contractor has completed the works approved by the Demolition Permit they must notify the City within 7 days of completion by submitting a "Notice of Completion" Form (BA7).

If a person/contractor who has been issued a Demolition Permit ceases or fails to complete the works then they must notify the City within 7 days of ceasing the works by submitting a "Notice of Cessation" Form (BA8).

It is required that all buildings to be demolished be rat baited.  There are also specific requirements in regard to demolishing buildings containing asbestos products and buildings connected to on site effluent disposal systems (septic tanks). 

Further advice in regard to these issues can be obtained from the City's Health Service web page by the below links or on 9411 3589 or by email to

Other Authorities are also required to be notified of the intention to carryout demolition works, Authorites such as but not limited to:

  • Water Corporation  Ph: 13 13 95
  • Western Power Ph: 13 13 53
  • Alinta Gas Ph: 1800 650 777
  • Telstra Ph: 13 2200
  • Worksafe Ph: 1300 307 877
  • Heritage Council of WA (State Heritage Office): (08) 6552 4000



Download these Documents:

BA5 - Application for Demolition
BA7 - Notice of Completion
BA8 - Notice of Cessation
BA20 - Notice of Request for Consent of Work Affecting other Land
BA20A - Notice and Request for Consent (Response Notice): Protection Structures, Party Walls, Removal of Fences, Access to Land 
Request for Property Owner Information

Information Sheets

Demolition Information Sheet

Helpful Links

Water Corp
State Heritage Office

If you wish to pay by Credit Card, please download and complete the Credit Card Authorisation document, and submit along with your application.

Need further information?

Contact Building Services
Tel: 9411 3444
Fax:  9411 3333