Family Support Services
Provide a free of charge community service to individuals and families living within the City of Cockburn.
What is a Family Support Coordinator?
A Family Support Coordinator provides information, options and support to allow for informed decision making.
They provide support in the form of:
- Short Term Counselling with a Tertiary qualified counsellor
- Group activities
On a wide range of issues which may include:
- Grief, loss and change
- Personal development
- Communication skills
- Stress and anxiety
The support provided depends upon the needs identified by the individual or family.
Guidance and support can also be given to find the information or specialised service you may need in areas such as:
- Children's Services
- Long term Counselling options
- Domestic Violence
- Education and Training options
- Legal Issues
Group activities are offered periodically in response to community interest.
- Support Groups
- Communication Groups
- Empowerment Groups
- Parent and Child HUBS
- Self Acceptance
- Pre & Post Natal Stress
- Self Care
For more info, contact us at
either of the following:
Coolbellup Family Support Service
Coolbellup Community Hub
90 Cordelia Ave, Coolbellup, 6163
T: 08 9411 3851
Fax: 08 9314 6402
Success Family Support Service
Cockburn Integrated Health Facility
1st Floor, Suite 14/11 Wentworth Pde, Success 6164
T: 9411 3859
Read our Brochure
COURSES/WORSHOPS AT COCKBURN HUBS AND GROUP ACTIVITIES
Celebrate Family Week - Family Dance
Featuring The Mucky Duck Bush Band
- Have fun dancing to the music with your children!
- There will be a sausage sizzle and a photo booth to get your photo taken.
- Dress up as your favourite character or in your favourite colour.
WHEN: Friday 20 May
TIMES: 5.30pm to 7.30pm
LOCATION: Len Packham Hall, 96 Cordelia Ave, Coolbellup
Numbers are limited, please RSVP on 9411 3444 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
by Monday 16 May.
Please state number of adults and children attending. The event is for children up to 10 years, parents and carers. All children must be accompanied by an adult.
Supported by the Department of Local Government and Communities Accessible events, contact us for details.
CYBERSAFETY PARENT FORUM - Keep your kids safe online
The Office of the Childrens eSafety Commissioner is presenting a free workshop on:
- Popular apps, games and social media young people are using
- Online issues and behaviours
- The Offices role in assisting the removal of serious cyber bullying material
- How to report serious cyber bullying
- Strategies to encourage young people to have safe and enjoyable online experiences
- Useful links to eSafety resources
Light refreshments are included, for more information contact the Family Support Coordinator on 9411 3859.
For parents/carers of young people aged 7 18 years.
WHEN: Thursday 12 May
TIMES: 6.30pm to 8.30pm
LOCATION: Cockburn Youth Centre, 25 Wentworth Parade, Success
RSVP is essential by Monday 9 May by phoning 9411 3444
Working with Anxiety - Anxiety Reduction Workshop
Join us for 5 sessions designed to help manage and reduce anxiety in your daily life
Location: Yangebup Family Centre, 11 Dunraven Drive, Yangebup
Contact: Alex on 9411 3851 for more information and to register your interest.
* Free creche provided
- Session 1 - Thursday 12 May, 11am to 1pm
- Session 2 - Thursday 19 May, 11am to 1pm
- Session 3 - Thursday 26 May, 11am to 1pm
- Session 4 - Thursday 2 June, 11am to 1pm
- Session 5 - Thursday 9 June, 11am to 1pm
MY TIME : OUR TIME
A Cockburn Early Years & Cockburn Family support event
Aboriginal Parents & Grandparents Support Group
What will we be doing?
Sharing friendship, sharing time, sharing experiences - Listening, Craft, Food, Fun, Friendship, Stories, Learning Family Connection.
- WHERE: Coolbellup Community Hub, 90 Cordelia Avenue, Coolbellup
- WHEN: Meets weekly on Wednesday (School term)
- TIME: 10.30 to 12.30pm
- COST: FREE - (Free childcare)
More Info: Phone Jayne or 9411 3855 or Sylvia Hanna on 9411 3851 or email email@example.com
MY TIME is an Australian Government initiative coordinated by the Parenting Research Centre and locally coordinated and supported by Ngala Community Services
The City of Cockburn invites you to the - BEELIAR HUB
A local meeting place for parents and young children.
- WHERE: Beeliar Community Centre, 33 Lakefront Ave, Beeliar
- WHEN: Wednesdays - 9.30am to 11.30am during school terms
- COST: Gold coin donation
Share a cuppa, meet other parents in your community and provide your child with an environment to socialise and play.
- A piece of fruit for your child/children
- Fenced playgroup for toddlers - parental supervision required at all times
- Access parenting info.
For further information contact: Success Family Support - 9411 3859
Are You a Women aged over 45? The City of Cockburn invites you to a series of Free workshops.
Join us for interesting presentations and discussions on matters relevant to over 45s.
Topics include: arthritis, wellbeing, nutrition, anxiety and worry and mindfulness
WHEN: Last Tuesday of the month
TIMES: 5.30 to 7.30pm
DATES: 31 May - 28 June - 26 July - 30 August - 25 Oct - 29 Nov
WHERE: Group room, 1st floor at: Cockburn Health & Community Facility,
Suite 14/11 Wentworth Parade, Success
For information or to register call Linda Walker on 9411 3859 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WOMEN OF THE WORLD GROUP
Women of the World is a group for those new to Perth and looking to form new connections and friendships.
Join us for some fantastic activities including jewellery making, craft, henna tattoos, Pilates and much more.
COME AND JOIN US! - Get to know others in the same situation
WHEN: Thursdays 9 to 10.30am
DATES: During school terms
WHERE: Yangebup Family Centre 11 Dunraven Drive, Yangebup
FREE CRECHE - BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL
For information please call Linda on 9411 3859 or Email: email@example.com